Seeking a full time Substance Abuse/HIV/AIDS Case Manager . Progressive, dynamic human services organization is seeking full time Case Managers to provide services to individuals who are HIV+ and inject drugs.
• Provide case management intervention services to HIV+, PWIDs in rural Kentucky. Utilize bio-psychosocial models as related to successful HIV/AIDS care and engagement of PWIDs.
• Adhere to the harm reduction model as it relates to individual client care and public health.
• Provide linkage to HIV/AIDS and/or substance abuse medical care.
• Provide education regarding HIV/AIDS safer sex practices, medication adherence, linkage to medical care and safer IV drug use practices.
• Utilize a broad and comprehensive knowledge of community resources serving those living with HIV/AIDS and addiction, such as syringe exchange programs, use of narcan, medical and mental health/substance abuse treatment providers.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field and certification in chemical dependency. Must demonstrate sensitivity to persons living with chronic diseases (HIV/AIDS and addiction) and co-existing social, mental and physical health conditions. Must work well independently and also be a strong member of a small team.
Please email, fax or mail cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources
4138 Hamilton Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45223
No phone calls, please. The process will take awhile; we will notify applicants once we have made a decision.
Caracole, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.